October 17, 2011

redemptive mess?




Well, I blogged this extra long post this morning. Poured out my soul to the Lord and whet to publish and the screen went black. Oh how I needed to re-pray everything my computer just ate. 

This was it in point form....

[On this beautiful October morning, what do I believe about you? Why have I surrendered my life and entrusted my death to you? Here are a few of the things which immediately flood my heart with joy. Lord Jesus, you are everlasting God—equal in glory with the Father and Holy Spirit; and I am a mere man. I would despair if you were anything less, and I’m very weary of trying to be more. You are the Creator, Sustainer, and Restorer of all things. In you all things hold together and for you all things have been made. You don’t just care about my soul, you care about my whole being.] - Scotty Smith

Father this morning I want to echo Scotty's prayer. This morning I'm astounded that you could love this mess. I'm amazed that you give grace to my rebellious heart and wandering soul. I'm shocked that you put up with my repetitive hamster wheel of sin and struggles. But even more I'm overwhelmed that you Love me, that you're caring for my soul and sustaining my every hour. 

[Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.] Romans 8

Father you've given me your Word to look at and be encouraged by your faithful promises and creations answered prayers. I look at the Old Testament and see promises and blessings, I see four hundred years of waiting and silence. Then I flip to the New Testament and see your son fulfilling prophecies and teaching the people. I see him giving up his life on a cross, being murdered for my sin. I see the disciples preaching, I see Jesus resurrecting. I see sin crushed forever. I see the promise of redemption and restoration for all things. 

Lord what else do I need? You are the God of all of that you will be faithful again. You will bring peace and rest to those who seek you. You know my heart and you know every inch of me. Help me where I don't know how to pray. Send your Spirit to intercede for me and help me to trust your story for my life. You died for my fear and unbelief. Its been wiped out forever, so Lord remove the lying traces of it in my heart. Free me from the bondage of believing lies about you.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Thank you for friends that pray for me and remind me of these truths.
Thank you for this beautiful October morning. 
Thank you for your Word.
Thank you for your Spirit. 
Thank you for IPads that crash. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment