October 13, 2011

isaiah 49




[ Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.  Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.  It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones. ] Proverbs 3


Two things are always sure. Mabel will always want a cookie and the Word of God is always True.

[Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who wait for me shall not be put to shame.] Isaiah 49

Father, your commands are clear and firm. Your road is narrow but you promise great peace. Today, remind my heart, refresh my soul, that trusting and resting in my savior is a place that is "healing to my flesh and refreshing to my bones". Those who trust in you will not be put to shame. But Lord my flesh and my fears are loud. They shout out all my past failures; they encourage worst case scenarios to be played out on repeat in my brain. They love to stir up unbelief in my heart and hide the truths of your word. Father, today I pray that your promises would be louder then everything else. I pray that your faithfulness would be the main focus of my heart. Father, preach loudly to my soul, convict my unbelief and turn my eyes to your cross.  Bring healing to my flesh and refreshing to my bones. 

I found this Puritan prayer this morning, 

[When I am afraid of evils to come, comfort me by showing me that in myself I am a dying, condemned wretch, but in Christ I am reconciled and live; that in myself I find insufficiency and no rest, but in Christ there is satisfaction and peace; that in myself I am feeble and unable to do good, but in Christ I have ability to do all things. Though now I have His graces in part, I shall shortly have them perfectly in that state where Thou wilt show Thyself fully reconciled, and alone sufficient, efficient, loving me completely, with sin abolished. O Lord, hasten that day.]

No comments:

Post a Comment