October 11, 2011

oh sweet melody!




[But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it- the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.] Romans 3

Father yesterday was a hard day. It was one of those days where I close the door of the bathroom and pathetically slide to the floor. It was a battle for joy. It was a battle to rest in your goodness. It was a battle to release things to you. It was a battle to fake patience with impatience. It was a battle to literally not hang up on clients. Yesterday I sinned miserably, and I have no doubt that I will today as well. What a Patient Father you are! You are eager to help your children, and you take joy in seeing your kids run back to you.

I need the power of your gospel to sing sweet truths to my soul. You are never unwilling to give grace to your kids, so Lord, help me drop anchor in your promises. Free me from the bond of condemnation and guilt, show me the bitterness of my sin so that you might be sweeter. Help my restless soul be soothed by your glourious Gospel. Let the distractions of fear and uncertainty be driven out by the beautiful repetition of grace. Father, forgive my unbelief and help me be a child that simply cannot drink in enough of my Father. Thank you for what your Gospel stirs in my heart. Thank you that no matter how I sin and stray you never change your chorus or melody. Thank you for reminding me this morning that I've been justified by your grace as a gift and there is nothing I can to do change or improve that, It is finished by the death of your son.

Thank you for candy cane pajamas, and early morning coffee.

Thank you for your Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment