November 2, 2011

waiting for snow. waiting for peace.



Guys, Christmas is coming. I walked into my Starbucks this morning and I saw all the over priced, Christmas product, I had my first coffee in the classic red cups. Then I got in my car and listened to the new Justin Bieber Christmas album. All this to say. Christmas is coming, and its going to be great. I saw on the forecast for tomorrow there are two little snowflakes wedged in between days of rain. Snow, even very wet snow makes me giddy. Snow makes me feel small and amaze, I could stand out in the snow for hours never getting tired of looking at each different snowflake.

If only I had that much patience in other areas of my life. My favorite Christmas carol is O Holy night, there is a line in the second verse that says, "A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices." This imagery is so rich, if you know Christ you know that thrill of Hope. Hundreds of years later, this weary world is still rejoicing. It's that feeling of discontent in this home, knowing that we're created for more. Rejoicing that our Savior has come, lived, died, paid our debt and one day we get to be with Him forever in Eternity.

Oh Father, help to not forget that thrill of Hope. Not that my faith is built on emotion but that my emotions would be based on You. I'm feeling weary and incapable of much hope apart from you today. Fortunately, I don't have to muster up any kind of emotion, because my Savior never grows weary. This weary heart can rejoice and rest in His hope and His peace.

[Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.] Isaiah 40:28

No comments:

Post a Comment