November 18, 2011

grab a kleenex and let it snow




It snowed last night, and I cried, a lot, not because of the snow, but because of what the snow reminded me of. 

Yesterday was one of those days. One of those ones when you stare at the clock and actually watch the seconds pass. Easy things were difficult, difficult things were difficult. I was tempted to despair and in the drama of the day I was praying for sustaining grace. I was driving home feeling very discouraged and a little bit like I got kicked in the face. I was driving home on the highway when it happened, it started to snow, big, chunky, pure white flakes. In minutes  the evergreens where white and I was crying. 

This scripture has been weighing heavy on my soul lately...

[Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.] 2 Cor 12

Yesterday was the Lord saying, 'Let me show you how weak you really are. Let me reveal your lack of boasting in me.' The Lord used the snow yesterday to say, 'Look at my power, look at how it's made perfect in your weakness. Boast in it Als, enjoy the beauty of my sustaining grace. Just like the snow I make all things new. I cover over your weakness. I'm enough for you.'  

Father help me gladly boast in my weakness. It frees me from condemnation and paves the way for me to understanding your love more clearly. Lord I am weak and I wander from the truth of your gospel. Bind me to your cross so that I may find life. Guard my heart and mind. Your grace is all the sustaining I need, but oh how I need it! Show me your faithfulness and your perfect power today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment