November 2, 2011

6 cups is average... right?



I'm on my 6th cup of steaming hot caffinated goodness. That's totally normal right? (just smile and nod)

[Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.] Romans 8

Today the Lord gave me a crazy little thing called perspective,  for a few minutes I just marveled at all the little and big things that the Lords been doing  and how they are all of a sudden  starting to make sense and click together. It's like I finally realized that maybe they were there for a reason, and they were there to prepare me for what's coming next. I know in theory that this is how Jesus usually works. But it was incredibly humbling to just sit and think about all the ways Jesus really is working all things together for my good. Even if that good scares the hell out of me. 

[If you are God’s child, you can have hope in the middle of all the tough things you face because in all those moments God is with you, but also because the cross of Jesus guarantees you that all that is broken will be made new forever. You can live today knowing that you have a future that is beyond the boundaries of your wildest imagination. If you are God’s child, you have hope because God is hope, and you have a hope that will last forever because he has defeated the one thing that stands between you and forever: death.]— Paul David Tripp

Hallelujah to a God that doesn't want or need me to add anything to what he's already done. Hallelujah to a God who fulfills promises and comforts his kids through His Word.  Hallelujah to a God who hasn't ever had to stop and brainstorm a new plan because he was surprised by something. Hallelujah to a God who keeps me on my toes. Hallelujah to a God who gives grace abundantly, in the form of perspective. Hallelujah to the only God, the Savior of my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment