October 18, 2012

lies, lies, lies.






[For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.]

Father, my heart is rejoicing at the encouragement and sustaining power of verses like this one. The anxious, fidgety, restless doubter that is fighting for control is hushed by verses like this. The headaches caused by tension  in my neck and shoulders, the stomach that's flopping and making eating meals a chore and food tasteless are all attacks by the enemy. Father, stress and anxiety, fear and unbelief is out to destroy me. It wants to control and limit how I think of you because when fear is in control, you seem little, you seem powerless. Fear takes little things and magnifies them. Fear puts myself and my well being in the center of my life, it makes my issues, my life the most important thing. Suddenly my standing with you doesn't seem to be such a big deal. It's like saying God you are good, but only when life is going well, only when fear is at bay. 

Lies, lies, lies! Soul, don't fall into these lies! I understand verses that urge a war mentality against fear and anxiety.  I find myself thinking I can't be the only person that struggles this aggressively with fear. The most amazing thing is that you, my loving Father gave me all the tools I need to attack fear, doubt and anxiety. You gave me your Son, your word and your spirit. 

Father today it's a battle again, and tomorrow will probably be one as well. Thank you for your sustaining grace and endurance to keep going and pushing into you. Thank you for giving me your spirit that convicts and supplies encouragement. Thank you for verse like this one, [plans for welfare and not evil, to give you future and a hope]. Fear, anxiety, doubt, confusion, restlessness, Jesus died on the cross to crush you. He declared it finished, and so ends your rule and power in my life. It's through Jesus blood I can say, you hold no power over me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment