October 1, 2012

Full.

                           

                                 



[For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.] Romans 9

Father this week you've been reminding me that the only place my soul is satisfied is in you. Winds pick up and thunder rumbles and so quickly I try to grab onto whatever I can to steady myself. Father, I'm so grateful I don't need to steady myself on anything more then Gospel. I can't find security in anything else.

You made us image bearers of you. You sent your son to die in our place so that we can come to you as your kids even though our sin had factored that relationship. My identity, my life my plans, my future, is secure in you. You bring clarity and security in the middle of the storm. You promise hope and shelter to the wandering and healing to the broken.

I cannot understand why you would choose to use such weak, broken, vessels to reflect your majesty but Father my heart is full this morning. Knowing that you know everything and all I am called to do is pursue knowing you. It's all about you, and I can't screw that up.


No comments:

Post a Comment