March 1, 2012

safe and secure.



[I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, because you have seen my affliction; you have known the distress of my soul, and you have not delivered me into the hand of the enemy; you have set my feet in a broad place.] Psalm 31

Father it's crystal clear in your word that we should be joyful people.  So if we're created to be rejoicing worshipers why do I so often find myself enslaved to something that is sucking the joy from me? Like a leech that latches on to the skin I find something in creation that gives me a fleeting joy, a momentary flicker of happiness or excitement and I go after it.

There is a problem... Theses things were never created to become my main source of joy and pleasure. That is not how they were designed, they are not capable of supporting my needs and they will never fufill. They are temporary and they leave me feeling empty and depressed. A.W Tozer paints a accurate image when he says,[We may plead for mercy for a lifetime in unbelief, and at the end of our days be still no more than sadly hopeful that we shall somewhere, sometime, receive it. This is to starve to death just outside the banquet hall in which we have been warmly invited.]

Father I don't want to be starving outside the banquet hall door anymore. You've reserved a place for me and my foods getting cold. You've removed every obstacle that sepearated me from feasting with you. You've adopted this soul, you've rescued me. 

So rejoice soul, rejoice. Get up off the floor and come to the table. You've been bought with a price, you are loved by the Father. He's welcoming you to come back again, feast at His table and be content, find satisfaction and rest in your status in Him. Rejoice despite of suffering, rejoice despite various of trials and hardships. Rejoice when people offend you, rejoice when people attack you, rejoice when you don't know what to do next. Rejoice because whatever comes your status in heaven is secure and your joy cannot be taken from you. 

You've set my feet in a broad place. My joy is secure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment