March 6, 2012

deconstruction allows reconstruction.




My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever (Psalm 73:26).

One of the most beautiful things in scripture to me is that the Lord fills up His Old and New Testament with broken, sinful people. He loves to use those people sending them forward to fulfill His plan. It's something I absolutely cannot wrap my head around. He repeatedly uses broken people to contrast His Love. Christ's perfect love vs the weak, fickle, love of man. This does two things for my soul. 

1. It frees me from the lies and bondage of the enemy that my ability to love is determined through my own sheer will and determination. 

2. After being set free it allows me  to love and pursue Christ and others knowing that my broken, incomplete love will be made perfect through Him. 

Reading scriptures like this one, [be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.] Eph 6:10 Cause my heart to rejoice and position myself under this...
[Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.] 2 Cor:9-10

Father this morning I'm so aware of how flawed my ability to love is. The only person I've talked to this morning is the Barista. Frankly Lord, my sinful heart likes it that way. Loving people with a genuine love is difficult thing for me to do, especially when I'm in a situation where I can pull the offense card. Rid my heart of all my strategies and plans, all my offense and my hurt. Help me to love like you. The idea of being freed from this weight of obligation and duty is one that I can hardly grasp.

Father, completely knock down walls I've built to manage and maintain relationships and offenses. In your strength, help me see when the building process begins. I don't feel the mixing of the cement and the stacking of the bricks anymore. I can't see the walls growing, open my eyes Father, knock them down so that nothing prohibits me coming freely to you so that you can take this little broken, weak, fragile heart and make it whole, strong, and renewed, for your glory.

Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment