September 26, 2011

tall 3/4 full americano.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor. 4:16-18

"Help us to be convinced about the inward renewal that you are effecting in our lives, day by day. You will bring to completion the good work you have begun in us and all around us."- Scotty Smith

Lord, I believe that you are working all things together for my good. I believe that you will complete the work you have started. I believe that you sent your son to save my soul and appease the Holy wrath of God the Father.

But Father the enemy whispers lies to my soul. Those whispers are kindled by the fallen world where I live. I begin to feel doubts and wonder if I can add something; I doubt that what you've done is enough, I start to wonder if you're really concerned about my good. Jesus in those moments convince my heart, own my heart, direct my attention back to you.

Show me that my good and your good are intertwined and my good cannot be separated from your good. Achieving any good apart from you is like trying to breathe in a body with no lungs. My "good" promised in Romans 8 is referring to me becoming more and more like Christ. Only then will my soul be satisfied and my restless mind be put to ease.

Today is Monday and the start of another crazy week. Today I don't have the strength to pretend to have it all together I'm aware that today I'm "outwardly wasting away" but you PROMISE a inward renewal. Renew my soul this morning and convince my heart so I can worship you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment