September 28, 2011

spaghetti and scripture




I was over at my second home last night for dinner and over a delicious spaghetti dinner, I started complaining about the struggles of dealing with difficult people.  I was promptly handed a bible open to this passage, when I tried to justify myself I was told to shut up and just read. So I did.


"43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5


Jesus continue to convict me and show me the ugliness of my own sin. Reveal my wicked heart and demonstrate the kind of patience I need to be practicing towards other. I need to be devastated by my sin  so that I can be amazed by my Savior. Enable me to love. Thank you for relationships with people that call me on my crap. Thank you for biblical fellowship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment