April 8, 2012

lead me to the cross.



Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen!
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross


Father, the weight of today hit me sitting in Starbucks, near the end of this busy Easter weekend. I've been so preoccupied this weekend "doing" getting so caught up in the immediate needs of the multiple services, attention to details and busying myself with tasks. I know my desire to work for your affection, I would much rather you give me a to do list, ways I can help my salvation or make you love me more. Father tonight I'm so aware of my inability to do any of those things. Father, Rid me of myself, lead me to the Cross, you died for me, forgave me, adopted me, welcomed me. I can't do anything, everything I once held dear, I count it all as lost. "He is not here, he has Risen."

Father, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment